Monday, December 7, 2009

From the Land of Polar Opposites...

I have decided that Thailand is the land of extremes. One moment I am fearing for my life on the back of an elephant, to basically falling into a hedonistic coma during a Thai massage. I have gone from the chaos of making 3 boat changes to get into a remote resort on a beach only accessed by water, to the passive bliss of spending the afternoon floating in the waters off Railay beach starring up at the breathtaking cliffs. I spent the last three days on a remote beach where all electricity came from a generator that was turned on from 6pm to 6am. This is my excuse for no recent posts.

Because there are so many amazing places in this world, I have a rule about going to the same place twice. I might be willing to break that rule and come back to Railay beach. It is amazing. Plus, there is no other place that I know of which has a cave filled with fallacies as a shrine to a princess. I did not ask for clarification on this one!

Tomorrow Lori and I leave Railay, Krabi and head back to Phuket. To make our flight from Phuket to Bangkok, we had to hire a speedboat. I fear brushing my hair at the end of that day!

We will spend one night in Bangkok before flying to Siem Reap in Cambodia. I plan to greet my thirties by spending a day at Ankor Wat (another UNESCO site to check off my list) and ending the night by getting tipsy on 50 cent beers.

I am having a wonderful time, but I am excited to get back to my handsome man....if only he knew the art of Thai massage.....sigh....Michael are you reading this?